A nice summary we saw on KurzweilAI.net...
What will human-computer Interaction be like in the year 2020?
That's the focus of a Microsoft Research report, "Being Human: Human-Computer Interaction in the year 2020," just released.
Among its conclusions for the year 2020 and beyond:
- We're in the Mobility Era now, but we'll be in the Ubiquity Era in 2020 and beyond, with thousands of computers per user.
- Silicon and biological material will be knitted in new ways, enabling new forms of direct inputs and outputs implantable in our bodies.
- We will increasingly be able to use mobile devices to interact with objects in the real world, acting more as if they are extensions of our own hands, by pointing and gesturing with them.
- Robots will become autonomous machines that learn.
- We will create a more customized, personalized digital world for ourselves.
- The vision of one computer for every child world-wide will be more of a reality.
- There will be very few people left on the planet who do not have access to a mobile phone.
You can download the full report from Microsoft Research here.